Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 15:59:13 +0800
From:      "Dead Kerl" <oc00l@cyberspace.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   my installation mistaken.

郵件是 MIME 的格式,由多個部份組成。

------=_NextPart_000_01BE16FA.372BB940

    Hi, I come from Hong Kong. I heard about FreeBSD from Guide To the Most
Harmless Hacking Digest. I've met a problem during installation--all the
distribution 's files not found especially BIN.INF but I've already made a
directory C:\FREEBSD and put BIN under it.

    The problem above was happened on yesterday.(there have more problems
which had been solved now happened before. :) Today, I try to install again
and the result same. So I decided to connect to one of the mirror site
looking around BIN/ since the main report said that BIN.INF is corrupted or
something(I forgot it). Accidentally, I mentioned that all of my
distributions directories were stored in BIG CAPITAL and the BIN.MTREE was
stored in BIN~1.MTR(the real name is it too and the others .MTREE also).

I want to ask:
 1. Must all installation files named as it original form(small capital)?
 2. If I boot WIN95 from a Virus Scan bootscan disk(That mean no GUI is
     loaded) and use xcopy /s, will it name all the destination files in
BIG
     CAPITAL and copy the SHORT FILE NAME instead of the REAL LONG
     FILE NAME?
------=_NextPart_000_01BE16FA.372BB940

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"System"><b> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Hi, I come from =
Hong Kong. I heard about FreeBSD from Guide To the Most Harmless Hacking =
Digest. I've met a problem during installation--all the distribution 's =
files not found especially BIN.INF but I've already made a directory =
C:\FREEBSD and put BIN under it. <br><br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The problem =
above was happened on yesterday.(there have more problems which had been =
solved now happened before. :) Today, I try to install again and the =
result same. So I decided to connect to one of the mirror site looking =
around BIN/ since the main report said that BIN.INF is corrupted or =
something(I forgot it). Accidentally, I mentioned that all of my =
distributions directories were stored in BIG CAPITAL and the BIN.MTREE =
was stored in BIN~1.MTR(the real name is it too and the others .MTREE =
it original form(small capital)?<br> 2. If I boot WIN95 from a Virus =
Scan bootscan disk(That mean no GUI is<br> =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;loaded) and use xcopy /s, will it name all the =
destination files in BIG<br> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;CAPITAL and copy =
the SHORT FILE NAME instead of the REAL LONG <br> =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;FILE NAME?</p>
------=_NextPart_000_01BE16FA.372BB940--