Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:39:22 -0500
From:      Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   using irq 16

While setting up an new SMP box (Intel OCPRF100-based), I find that
while the USB controller is using irq 16:

IOAPIC #0 intpin 49 -> irq 16
uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> port 0x1820-0x183f irq 16 at device 15.2 on pci0

rndcontrol(8) will not let me add it to the entropy pool:

$ sudo rndcontrol -s 16
rndcontrol: setting irq 16
rndcontrol: rndcontrol: Invalid argument
$

a) is 16 a valid IRQ?
b) shouldn't I be able to use it?

(I haven't actually tried to use the USB controller yet to see if
anything blows up...)

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org