Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 00:08:06 +1100
From:      brad mccrorey <mccrorey@optushome.com.au>
To:        Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>, php-general@lists.php.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [PHP] Compiling PHP with SWF support under FreeBSD

I'm certainly no expert, but this reminds me of when I had to compile
in freetsd support the other day.

The reason why I needed that is a whole other story. =)

Anyhow, after running ./configure and make and make install on the
source for the libraries i had to do this:

1) put the path where the libraries where installed in /etc/ld.so.conf
2) run ldconfig

I have NO Idea if this is relevant to your problem, and this was on a
linux box, so I don't even know if ldconfig exists on your platform.

but, it sounds right.
according to the man page for ldconfig it:
"
creates the necessary links and cache (for use by the run-time linker, ld.so)
       to the most recent shared libraries found in the directories specified on the  command
       line, in the file /etc/ld.so.conf,
"
anyhow, thought I'd throw my two bobs worth in
Good luck!

Cheers,

Brad

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001, Arcady Genkin wrote: > I've downloaded the libswf
from http://reality.sgi.com/grafica/flash/ > and placed the .a and .h
files into /usr/local/libswf/lib and > /usr/local/libswf/include.
When compiling php 4.0.4 with > --with-swf=/usr/local/libswf the
compilation gives me: >