Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 07:18:25 -0500
From:      D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd@visi.com>
To:        questions at FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sh(1) equivalent to bash(1)'s $HOME/.bash_logout?

Hello all,

In $HOME/.bash_profile, I start fetchmail in daemon mode if certain
requirements are met, and in $HOME/.bash_logout, I stop fetchmail
(again, if certain requirements are met).

I would like to move this functionality to $HOME/.profile and, um,
"what", I don't know, so it also works under sh(1). It's that "what"
that eludes me; is there a sh(1) equivalent to bash(1)'s
$HOME/.bash_logout?

It looks as though csh(1) parallels bash(1)'s functionality, but
with different dot files.

Please mail me directly, as I'm not subscribed to this list. Thanks,

Dave

--