Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2012 09:35:53 +0700
From:      Erich <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Mark Andrews <marka@isc.org>, Chris Rees <crees@freebsd.org>, "freebs @mail.isc.org>> Current FreeBSD" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>, Adam Strohl <adams-freebsd@ateamsystems.com>
Subject:   Re: Why Are You NOT Using FreeBSD?

Hi,

On 05 June 2012 7:13:47 Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 03:23:01PM +0700, Erich wrote:
> > But is this true for apache only or for the whole ports tree?
>
> Entire tree.

my problem with this is that the documentation states something very different:

>From the handbook at the location where beginners will look for it:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

'Which version(s) of them do you want?

With CVSup, you can receive virtually any version of the sources that ever existed. That is possible because the cvsupd server works directly from the CVS repository, which contains all of the versions. You specify which one of them you want using the tag= and date= value fields.

Warning: Be very careful to specify any tag= fields correctly. Some tags are valid only for certain collections of files. If you specify an incorrect or misspelled tag, CVSup will delete files which you probably do not want deleted. In particular, use only tag=. for the ports-* collections.'

I think that this states very clearly that there are no tags.

So, after we learned that every thing I am asking is there anyway in an official and supported way, only the documentation has to be changed.

Erich