Date:      Sun, 30 Sep 2018 16:43:10 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        sergey_zaikov@rambler.ru
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with net-mgmt/check_ipmi_sensor

Hello.

I've got a problem with this port: I'm running it from a Nagios instance
on another host (through NRPE3) and I need sudo to do this, as NRPE3
will run as user nagios.

Now:
_ running "/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ipmi_sensor" as root works;
_ running "/usr/local/bin/sudo
/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_ipmi_sensor" as user nagios works;
_ running "/usr/local/libexec/nagios/check_nrpe3 -n -H xxx -c
check_ipmi" (which runs the above command remotely) does not work.

I pinpointed it to this code:

> sub get_sel{
>         my @selcmd = @{(shift)};
>         my $verbosity = shift;
>         my $sel;
>         if(-e '/usr/sbin/ipmi-sel'){
>                 $sel = '/usr/sbin/ipmi-sel';
>         }
>         else{
>                 chomp($sel = `which ipmi-sel`);
>         }

Of course we don't have /usr/sbin/ipmi-sel, but
/usr/local/sbin/ipmi-sel, so we end up in the else clause, but $sel is
empty after this line if (and only if) this script is called from NRPE3.

I don't know PERL at all, so I solved by just hardcoding the correct
path in my script.

This is just to let you know :)

  bye & Thanks
	av.