Date:      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:52:42 +0200
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@po.cwru.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Preliminary ATI TV Wonder bktr support

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:48:49AM -0400, Justin Hibbits wrote:
> It's not complete (no sound yet, and no idea where to begin), but the=20
> ATI TV Wonder is now auto configured.  Source merged from OpenBSD. =20
> Since I'm not a regular FreeBSD hacker, I'm posting it here.  I hope=20
> it's the right list.

I'm not qualified to comment on that, but if this isn't picked up by a
committer you might want to consider using send-pr(1) to send this patch
to the FreeBSD bug database.

> Anyway, maybe someone can figure out how to go from here, since I'm=20
> stuck now.  I'll continue working on it though.

FWIW, I recall that most of the open source BT878 drivers don't do internal
sound, and instead rely on you to feed the audio channel into your soundcar=
d.
At least, that's what works for me with a no-name TV tuner card; it even
included a male-male minijack cable to do so. So if that's all that's missi=
ng,
you might be as far along as anyone has ever been.

--Stijn

--=20
An Orb is for life, not just for Christmas.

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--