Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 21:06:36 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu (Alfred Perlstein)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where is a good listing for the sound IOCTLs?

> can anyone point me to a good reference to the sound ioctls?
> (i've looked at soundcard.h   OUCH!)

try /sys/i386/isa/snd/sound.c -- at least there you see the
implementation of the audio ioctls which might give some better
idea...

> i'm trying to set the recording source and i don't want to use OSS calls
> unless abosolutely nessesary... i need to know how to set it to LINE or
> perhaps to mix them by setting it to LINE+CD+MIC.

of course you'll need the OSS calls, since that's the API we have (at
least for mixer setting...) i suggest you look at the sources of
"mixer" (/usr/src/usr.sbin/mixer)

	cheers
	luigi