Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 00:29:45 +1000 (EST)
From:      Peter Hawkins <thepish@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        eivind@yes.no, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/mk Makefile

>(2) Many of the mirrors don't carry distfiles, or have incomplete
>    sets.  Hiding the list from the user (I'm assuming make.conf is
>    visible and bsd.*.mk are not) is just plain wrong.

OK - it will try them and then move on as it stands but empty sites could
be removed from the list too. Partly empty sites get tried then make
moves on. Even so it's faster by FAR for us non-usa makers. Yes I could
tweek MASTER_SITE_BACKUP, but how do I get to insert a site to look in
*before* it ducks off to sunsite or wherever?

Hilink Internet            Peter Hawkins
381 Swan St Richmond,
Vic, Australia             Ph: +61-3-9421 2006 Fax: +61-3-9421 2007
http://www.hilink.com.au   Peter@hilink.com.au

FreeBSD Project:           thepish@FreeBSD.org