Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:24:21 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, freebsd-chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: funny repair remark

This wouldn't happen to be IBM's repair center in Memphis, would it?

These people are the number one reason why one should NOT buy a
ThinkPad. I have one unit which has been back there three times
since December; the first two times, it was not repaired properly
and failed on arrival. (The first time, the screen gradually dimmed
and went dark; the second, it failed its own internal RAM test.)

Stay away from ThinkPads until and unless IBM hires a contractor
that can do warranty repairs competently.

--Brett Glass