Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 1998 00:10:27 +0200
From:      "IBS / Andre Oppermann" <andre@pipeline.ch>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AlphaBIOS documentation

Doug Rabson wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is documentation available for the ARC or
> AlphaBIOS boot sequence?  In particular, what services does the firmware
> provide to the bootstrap program (e.g. linload.exe).  Alternatively, does
> anyone know where I can find the source code to linload.exe?

There's a nice documentation of the Alpha PALcode on
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/info/semiconductor/literature/dsc-library.html

Or you can directly order the EBSDK and get the source for the PALcode.

The SRM Consle doc describes the bootsprapping process of an Alpha
system.

And so on...

--
Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch