Date:      Mon, 2 Aug 2004 08:53:52 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sam Lawrance <boris@brooknet.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: processes freezing when writing to gstripe'd device

--yklP1rR72f9kjNtc

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 08:38:51AM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
+> +> What's the best way to look in to this? I can't attach to rm with gdb
+> +> (it just ends up waiting for something). I can drop to kdb, but have =
no
+> +> idea where to go from there.
+>=20
+> You could use 'ps' command from DDB to which processes are alseep.
+> Then you can run 'tr <PID>' where <PID> is PID of sleeping process.
+> Look for processes related somehow to this problem.
+>=20
+> It'll be also great if you can provide exact procedure which will also
+> me to reproduce this problem.
+>=20
+> PS. If you plan to upgrade your machine, remember than naming has changed
+>     in gstripe from /dev/<name>.stripe to /dev/stripe/<name>.

One more note. I'm quite sure it is not related to gstripe, because its
implementation is very simple: it doesn't use [mt]sleep(9) (so there is no
missing wakeup()), it doesn't use any mutexes, so while debugging you may
want also look at other components.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl