Date:      24 Nov 2002 14:49:44 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie question about make and include files

--=-/jQwU17OAUTOYolYcHCz

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, if not please point me in
the right direction.

I've been trying to compile some small programs but I come across errors
with include headers:

$gcc -s -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -mpentium -O2 -pipe
-march=3Dpentiumpro -c intro.c -lggi

In file included from intro.c:24:
intro.h:25: ggi.h: No such file or directory

intro.h has:

#include <ggi/ggi.h>

I have the required files (ggi.h) at:

/usr/local/include/ggi

but that isn't included (only /usr/include) where do I set this
variable?=20

Playing around a symlink in usr/include confirms my hunch that
/usr/local/include isn't being included.

after that I get this:

/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -lggi

After reading man 1 gcc, I see that it's trying to link to the ggi
library. Again this is in /usr/local/lib not /usr/lib

I couldn't find anything in the developers handbook or porters handbook
about these settings. Where can I read up more on them?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

--=20
Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>

--=-/jQwU17OAUTOYolYcHCz