Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 13:45:58 -0500
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        Thomas Stromberg <thomas@stromberg.org>
Cc:        Raymond Hicks <rayhicks@UU.NET>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CURRENT breaks some perl?

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 12:36:12PM -0500, Thomas Stromberg wrote:
> Welp, hard to help you here since there isn't any version info for the
> infobot, but.. I am succesfully running a blootbot 1.0.0pre4 (infobot
> derivative) in -CURRENT, and haven't seen any such problem. If there is
> indeed a problem with the new perl (which is in -STABLE too I believe),
> I'm sure it's been fixed by now. Just about every new box that gets
> rolled out with perl comes with 5.6.0 nowadays..

actually, -STABLE as of last night still has 5.005_3.  I believe that
they are waiting for a new version of perl to fix some known bugs before
back porting 5.6 to -STABLE.

--
garrett rooney                           my pid is inigo montoya.
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net             you kill -9 my parent process.