Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:39:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Mills <jmmills@telocity.com>
To:        Akthar Hussain <ahussain_fbsd@msn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CVS Setup

Akthar -

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Akthar Hussain wrote:

>  I am trying to setup CVS server in my Freebsd 4.5 system.

I just set one up in GNU/Linux (RH-7.*). Probably just the same.

I could have simply put the repository in shared space, but taking the
trouble to set up a server was well worth the effort.

> I am unable to find clear installation and configurations documentations of
> CVS.

Primarily in Sections 2.9-2.11 and Appendix C of
_Version_Management_with_CVS_ (the so-called 'Cederqvist' document).

> can any one let me know how to setup CVS server ? or Let me know the place
> where i can read the documens for CVS.

Start at <http://www.cvshome.org>; and also see <http://www.wincvs.org>,
but do not neglect the great notes and information at
<http://www.read-bean.com>.

 - John Mills