Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2009 10:54:22 -0700
From:      Mike Bowie <mbowie@buzmo.com>
To:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org, eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Eclipse 3.4.2 update

On 4/19/09 10:03 AM, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky wrote:

> Could you please suggest what can cause this weird error I am getting during
> the patching the sources with the following command:
>
> patch -d /usr/ports/java/eclipse < eclipse-342-rc1.diff
> Patching file files/patch-features-org.eclipse.platform-build.xml using Plan A...
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 1.
> Hunk #2 succeeded at 24.
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 1284: e.equinox.security.win32.x86:0.0.0,1.0.0.v20080529-1600,org.eclipse.equinox.security.macosx:0.0.0,1.0.0.v20080602-2000,"/>
>
> the entire logs are attached to this e-mail message, in case if you would like
> to know more.
>
> The OS details are listed below:
>
> uname -a
> FreeBSD jdevelop.priv 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #20: Sun Jan  4 17:51:54 EET 2009     root@jdevelop.priv:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BOFH  i386
>
> I was using the recent ports (just did "portsnap fetch update" right before the applying the patch)
>
> Thank you in advance for the help!

I've not looked at it yet, but at a guess, I'd say the line is too long
for the patch command in base... try using devel/patch, which installs
as gpatch.  (Args etc are the same.)

Mike.

--
"You don't see FreeBSD developers sitting in a smoke-filled room
plotting the overthrow of Microsoft. We sit in light, airy rooms and