Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:31:14 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Patrick O'Reilly" <patrick@mip.co.za>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Email Etiquette on this list

Patrick O'Reilly <patrick@mip.co.za> types:
> Question: Who should responses go to.  My habit, as you can see in this
> message, is to respond to the poster directly, as well as to the list.

That's the protocol for this list. Actually, you should send it to
everyone it was Cc'ed to as well, though that's not something I
normally do to a list.

> This way, posters who are not subscribed will still get the response,
> but those who are subscribed will get it twice.  I'm not sure which is
> the lesser of the two evils?

Since this list is advertised as *the* address for help with FreeBSD,
you'll get lots of people asking questions who aren't on the
list. Hence letting subscribers see it twice is the lesser of two
evils.

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.