Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:02:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, obrien@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr, rink@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on pmake diffs for building on Linux

In message: <20080304174045.GB90931@dragon.NUXI.org>
            "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org> writes:
: On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 10:58:15AM +0100, Rink Springer wrote:
: > On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 10:17:30AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
: > > Solaris lacks TAILQ_xxx stuff too, so I would prefer something like
: > > "bsdcompat.h" or similar.
: >
: > Seconded - "linux.h" is far too generic. I must say I like the idea
: > of being able to build *BSD on Linux machines!
:
: Why?  What are you going to do with it?  Presumable install it somewhere,
: where?
:
: Will the differences in the end result of what is built worth the risk,
: vs. installing VMware player and building FreeBSD on FreeBSD on Linux?

The end result will be the ability to build FreeBSD on a Linux host.
VMware players aren't an option, and will not be contemplated as an
acceptable solution.  The overhead is too high, especially when
explaining to people what needs to be done to deploy.

Warner