Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2003 17:46:37 +0300
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@lucky.net>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing stale files (was: Re: cvs commit: src/etc Makefile locale.alias locale.deprecated nls.alias)

 Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 17:27:50, grog wrote about "Re: removing stale files (was: Re: cvs commit: src/etc Makefile locale.alias locale.deprecated nls.alias)":

> Agreed.
> I think we should work towards a policy where we say "these
> directories belong to the system.  Don't install your own things there
> until you know exactly what you are doing.".  That would greatly
> simplify the job of keeping things up to date.

But such tool should respect a config which says don't touch some files.
E.g. admin uses BIND from port and says NO_BIND=yes in make.conf. Tool shouldn't
delete files only because they aren't listed from last buildworld.

OTOH, one can say make DESTDIR=/somewhere installworld and then move
directories to their usual place.

-netch-