Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:13:16 -0400
From:      Barney Wolff <barney@databus.com>
To:        Bob <bob@starblanket.ca>
Cc:        'Bryce Edwards' <bryce@bryce.net>
Subject:   Re: Multiple Interfaces

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 11:07:18AM -0600, Bob wrote:

> All you are missing is the fact FreeBSD cannot handle
> two NICs the same subnet. OpenBSD does, NetBSD does and Linux does.

Wrong.  As already stated, make the netmask on the second one /32.

Re freevrrpd, so far as I know it's intended for the case of two machines
where one backs up the other, not two interfaces on one machine taking
over for each other.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.