Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:49:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>, Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfilter firewall...how to?

Hi Fernando et al,
Thanks for that..I presume therefore that for a tun0
iface and a a static ip, it would be instead of 0/32
pass out quick on <tun0> proto udp from 203.56.200.253
port = 68 to any port = 67
pass in quick on <tun0> proto udp from any port = 68
to any port = 67

Would this be correct??
What about samba connections to the machine from
outside?? Is this just too risky? Any way to allow it
safely?
Thanks for that!!!

--- Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
wrote: > On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Keith Spencer wrote:

> > Hi all,
> > I have followed a tute on building a solid
> firewall.
> > (Schlacter's) It was a great tute but too specific
> > a machine. dhcp etc. How can i get some quick and
> > dirty info on how to hack the conf files (rules)
> > get the darn thing to work when I don't know the
> DHCP
> > server ip and/or using a static ip as well as
> other
> > stuff
>
> What do you need? Allow DHCP through the firewall?
> Configure the public interface of the firewall using
DHCP?