Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:40:12 +0100 (CET)
From:      Philippe CASIDY <pcasidy@casidy.com>
To:        niall.smart@ebeon.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Visor/USB - success? [SUCCESS]

On  6 Jan, To: niall.smart@ebeon.com wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:38:03 +0100, Niall Smart wrote :
>>
>>Is anyone successfullying sync'ing their Visor using a USB
>>cradle?  I get a kernel panic with -stable when using coldsync
>>1.4.6
>
> I have just tried to sync my Visor/USB with 4.2 -stable and all I got
> was a reboot of the machine!
>
> I did :
> - chmod 666 /dev/ugen0 to be able to use it as a simple user
> - exit from root user
> - insertion of the Visor
> - press the hotsync button (to configure /dev/ugen0 )
> - call coldsync
> - freeze
> - automatic reboot with no shutdown
>
> Do you manage to make it worked since?
>
> Thanks
>
> Phil.

Here is the description about how I made it work. It may help someone in
the future!

I made it worked by editing a ~/.coldsyncrc

listen usb {
        device: /dev/ugen0;
}

and then the procedure is:
- launch coldsync
- plug the Visor
- press the HotSync button
- watch the screen of the Visor

you may have some problems with the rights on /dev/ugen* according to
the current user.

Phil.