Date:      Fri, 21 May 2010 11:47:31 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Stefan Walter <stefan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.org, GNATS <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>, Todd Wasson <tsw5@duke.edu>
Subject:   Re: java/122513: native JDKs unbuildable with Linux ones

21.05.2010 03:02, Stefan Walter wrote:

> there hasn't been an update on your PR for quite a while, and I haven't
> seen any problems with building the JDK. Can you still reproduce the
> problem, or can this PR be closed?

> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=java/122513

Yes, as a matter of fact, I just experienced this problem on a friend's
brand-new laptop -- with clean new install of 8.1-prerelease/i386. As
documented in the PR, a native build of jdk16 was attempted after
installing linux-jdk16. The build dies after the Linux java-process
receives a SIGKILL.

Another example of the same problem is here:

	http://freebsd.monkey.org/freebsd-stable/200905/msg00567.html

The work-around is to use FreeBSD's natived -- diablo-jdk16... Perhaps,
the problem is with Linuxulator?

Yours,

	-mi