Date:      Sat, 31 May 2003 22:01:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
To:        Alexander Pohoyda <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Advocacy opportunity in XFree86/xdm/xlogin

On Sat, 31 May 2003, Alexander Pohoyda wrote:

> I have found a suitable Beastie picture on FreeBSD.org site, and
> edited it a bit, to make it fit xlogin application.
> xlogin is used by xdm, as you well know.
> By default, XFree86 globe picture is displayed, and I thought that it
> would be a good advocacy to display our own logo there.
>
> You can see it here:
> http://www.alexander-pohoyda.privat.t-online.de/etc/badge.png
> and XPM file for the X:
> http://www.alexander-pohoyda.privat.t-online.de/etc/badge.xpm

/usr/ports/x11/wdm already comes with a beastie image as default pic (I
guess it's taken from the daemon in /usr/share/examples/BSD_daemon/.)

regards,
le

--=20
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universit=E4t Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/