Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 07:32:43 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Make most (instead of world) quetions

I am trying a make "most" off stable sources and I am getting:

>Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/bin/cat
>Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/bin/chio

How can I tell it to use /usr/obj (which is a symlink to another
filesystem)? I looked at the Makefile and it seems only world sets the
directory to /usr/obj.

>ipfw.c:50: netinet/ip_dummynet.h: No such file or directory
>ipfw.c: In function `show_ipfw':
>*** Error code 1

Where is this file? I thougth I was Cvsupping everything, but games.

To make one of the sub-directories do I need to go into the dir and do
make or can I do it from /usr/src and send the name of the dir? For
instance if I wanted to do sbin only. I have tried going into the sub-dir
and that seemed to work.

Are these questions suitable for the "stable" list? Last I posted on that
list about suggestions on how to merge "/etc" from stable I was suggested
it belonged in "questions".

>From the description I would have thought that anything related to stable
(making, etc merging, not compiling) would be suitable for that list.

----
francisco@natserv.com
The power to serve.   http://www.freebsd.org