Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:58:10 -0500
From:      "Clark C . Evans" <cce@clarkevans.com>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic: pmap_enter (closed, thanks!)

Mike & Terry,

As it turns out, it is a bad memory chip.  It is replaced
and all is well.  I'm very sorry for not testing for bad chips
first, thank you for pointing me to memtest86!  It's funny
beacuse I've been using the box for quite some time without
a memory problem... so I apologize for not catching it earlier.

Anyway, I went back and tested the MFS with and without the
8:1 ratio.  In both cases it seems to work just great, I'm
sorry for the difficulty.  Thank you so much for your attention,
as a FreeBSD newbie (who is doing someting rather cool), I'm
just thrilled at moving to FreeBSD from Linux (from Windows).
It'll be a while before I get to be a unix guru and can help
out... but thank you so much.

Best,

Clark

P.S.  You may want to consider using YAML for your
      configuration files.  YAML rocks!