Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 2003 13:13:11 +0100
From:      Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>
To:        Jesse Geddis <freebsd@sgeine.net>
Cc:        Francesco Casadei <fcasadei@inwind.it>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: filesystem size

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:07:05AM -0800, Jesse Geddis wrote:
> Thank you, It didn't mention what if any (and i don't believe there is on=
e)
> size limitation there is on an nvs mounted volume. Do you know of one?
> Specifically, we have a 9tb NetApp we want to make sure we aren't going to
> have to make a bunch of little filesystems on.
>=20
[snip]
>=20
> end of the original message

I'm not an NFS expert, but according to RFC1813 NFSv3 supports 64 bits file
sizes and offsets. This says nothing about filesystem size though.
I'm sorry I don't know the right answer to your question, but I suggest you=
look at http://www.rfc.net/ and search for NFS. Searching on
http://groups.google.com/ may also be useful (I've found a lot of threads a=
bout
this topic).

	Francesco Casadei

--=20
You can download my public key from http://digilander.libero.it/fcasadei/
or retrieve it from a keyserver (pgpkeys.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net, ...)

Key fingerprint is: 1671 9A23 ACB4 520A E7EE  00B0 7EC3 375F 164E B17B

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--