Date:      Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:32:12 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        jtollison@multipro.com (Jeff Tollison)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with fxp after upgrading from 4.2

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:45:21 +0000 (UTC), in =
sentex.lists.freebsd.questions
you wrote:

>   We are having a problem with upgrading to 4.4-RELEASE from
>   4.2-RELEASE with an Intel NIC using the fxp driver.
>
>   When we boot off the new kernel, the network is unreachable.

Make sure you have=20
device miibus=20
in your kernel as its required by the fxp driver.

>   I have searched the archives and can find nothing relevant.

When you search, make sure you include both the questions and stable list
as well as some of the other groups like freebsd-net when relavant.  This
issue has been discussed in the past.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)	=09
Sentex Communications Corp,   	=09
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers=20
could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)