Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:12:28 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@linux.gr>
To:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie.le-hen@epita.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: STRIP in /usr/share/mk/

On 2004-09-21 15:47, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie.le-hen@epita.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while playing around ifconfig.c, I needed to use gdb(1) on the generated
> binary :
>
>   z6po:ifconfig# make clean ; make DEBUG_FLAGS=-ggdb && make install
>   [...]
>   install -s -o root -g wheel -m 555   ifconfig /sbin
>   install -o root -g wheel -m 444 ifconfig.8.gz  /usr/share/man/man8

DEBUG_FLAGS isn't set in the second invocation of make.  Try either
passing both the "all" and "install" targets to the same make instance
or defining DEBUG_FLAGS both times:

# env DEBUG_FLAGS="-ggdb" make clean all install
# make DEBUG_FLAGS="-ggdb" clean all install
# make clean && make DEBUG_FLAGS="-ggdb" && make DEBUG_FLAGS="-ggdb" install

Pick one of the above.  They should all work as expected.