Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:37:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Troy Settle <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        Tomaz Borstnar <tomaz.borstnar@over.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more frontpage....

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:

> At 08:16 PM 1/21/99 , Troy Settle wrote the following message:
>
> >Odd,  I just got done patching 1.3.4 with SSL-1.29, FP-3.0.4.2, and
> >PHP-3.0.6.  I had to fake the SSL patch, but the rest built cleanly.
> >
> >I'm about to do a 'make install' and configure it, hope it works as well
> >as the last one did.
> Care to provide port? Many people would like it I presume.

Unfortunately, I haven't the first clue on how to create a port in the
FreeBSD tradition, and I don't really have time right now.  I will
consider finding the time to do it, but don't hold your breath.

I also ran into some snags after installing and configuring.  I'm getting
a bus error, and haven't tracked it down yet.

I'm going to tackle this again next week, and will try to keep a detailed
log of everything I do, and post it if there's interest (no promises
though).

Here's the steps I went through to get this to work on older versions of
everything:

1.  Build, install, and configure MySQL
2.  Build and install SSLeay 9.0
3.  Unpack Apache 1.3.4
4.  Unpack Ben-SSL 1.29, then apply patch
    (had to manually do some of this)
5.  Apply frontpage patch (3.0.4.2 went in cleanly)
6.  run a configure
7.  Unpack, configure, build, and install PHP 3.0.6
8.  re-configure apache, activating PHP and FP
9.  build and install apache
10. create a basic httpd.conf file (need to redo this for 1.3.4 I guess)
11. install FrontPage
12. Run httpsd and test it

--
  Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
  Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services