Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:52:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ryan Thieme <rt@pinhead.nshl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Restricting user access to specific directories

Allo,

I'm going to be moving a domain that has a web site to my machine.  As I
am not a huge fan of running an ftpd (ISTR security exploits?) I usually
scp files from remote locations on to my box.  I don't mind setting this
person up with a shell as I trust him, but at the same time, I want to
restrict his access to just his home directory.

Unfortunately, I don't really know where to start looking for hints on
setting this up.  If someone could point me in the direction I'd really
appreciate it.

Alternatively, if there is a secure ftpd to run, I'd be willing to set
that up instead.

System is 4.4-R.

Thanks,

ryan