Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 08:54:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        D J Hawkey Jr <hawkeyd@visi.com>
Cc:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Tangent for discussion: FreeBSD performs worse that Linux

I think what "would be cool" would be to have a RELENG_4_4_BUGFIX tree
which was for bugfixes, but was feature frozen.  It shouldn't get new
features like dirprefs (otherwise its difficult to differentiate it from
-STABLE itself) but it should get bugfixes.  That way FreeBSD would wind
up with some extremely stable and feature frozen code.

Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to volunteer to engineer such a branching
scheme...