Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:43:59 -0500
From:      Chris BeHanna <chris@pennasoft.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   vim/sgml unhappiness?

    Has anyone else noticed vim getting itself into a tight loop from
time to time when inserting an SGML tag?  In particular, while editing
a docbook document?  This is happening to me with maddening frequency,
and I have to kill -9 vim to recover.

Details:

FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE, built from sources cvsup'd Sun Dec 29 23:20:05 EST
2002.

behanna@topperwein> uname -a
FreeBSD topperwein.pennasoft.com 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Mon Dec 30
02:46:40 EST 2002
root@topperwein.pennasoft.com:/raid0/stable/usr/obj/raid0/stable/usr/src/sys/TOPPERWEIN
i386

    vim+ruby-6.1.271_1
    ruby-1.6.8

    vim+ruby built WITH_CSCOPE=yes WITH_PYTHON=yes WITH_PERL=yes
                   WITH_TCL=yes WITH_RUBY=yes

    I have the Explorer, gzip, netrw, and rrhelper plugins.

--
Chris BeHanna                      http://www.pennasoft.com
Principal Consultant