Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 11:42:55 -0500
From:      "Bob Perry" <rperry4@earthlink.net>
To:        "IAccounts" <iaccounts@northnetworks.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD (4.5-to-4.7) Binary Upgrade Mishap

> > What did I miss?  Does one have to become an "expert" to work with this
OS?

> All I have to say is that people tell me that practice makes perfect
> (eventually, with help from these lists of course ;o)
>
> No one can know everything, so it's the frustration and anguish that makes
> success much more enjoyable. (Unless there are corporate mandates with
> superiors breathing down your neck, but that's another story)
>
> Just my $0.02.
>
> Steve>

I've received some valuable technical feedback and support from taxman and
others
(sorry, but I neglected to cc the group) and have decided to take the
opportunity to
try a source rebuild also.  If that doesn't work, then I'll reinstall.  The
key word here is opportunity and this is my opportunity to practice and
learn.

I wanted to focus on web design and web applications, so obviously, when
something like this happens it's easy to get frustrated.  However when a
situation calls for the systems administrator, reality dictates that I have
my systems admin act together.  So, on with the show and stop crying.

Your $0.02 is always welcome.  To a newbie, it's worth a lot more.

Bob