Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 2006 08:45:36 +0400
From:      "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw versions - /usr/src/sbin

Alvin Oga wrote:
> i've been having some fun with ipfw-1.99
> on freebsd-6.1

Some binary files in FreeBSD don't have a numeric version like a
linux programms. These programms is a part of the operating system
and should be in the consistent with FreeBSD kernel. If you want
using some of new ipfw features, you should use a respective FreeBSD
version.

>   i do have /usr/src/sys for the kernel and it recompiled nicely
>   with the new config changes
> ------  errors from make
> cd /usr/src/sbin/ipfw
> make
> Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/CVS.manually/ipfw
> cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe   -c ipfw2.c
> ipfw2.c:619: error: `O_TAGGED' undeclared here (not in a function)

See this document:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html

You can rebuild and reinstall world, or try this:
# cd /usr/src/sbin/ipfw
# env DEBUG_FLAGS=-I/usr/src/sys/netinet make install

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov