Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:26:33 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely5.cicely.de>
To:        Nguyen-Tuong Long Le <le@cs.unc.edu>
Cc:        ticso@cicely.de, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with aic7892 in 4.5-Release

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:51:50AM -0400, Nguyen-Tuong Long Le wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Bernd Walter wrote:
> > These are most likely cable/termination problems.
>
> Thanks very much for your help. I have a naive question: is the cable
> loose and needs to be fastened in this case? Or is the cable bad and
> needs to be changed?

Could be both, or an termination issue.
On the termination part there are several possibilities.
What I had saw so far was a controller terminator no enabled
when set to on because of eeprom usage anomalies, or a to low
termpower after some connectors.
The termpower got that low because only the controller was supplying.
I also had issues with bad cables.

ticso@cicely.de         Usergroup           info@cosmo-project.de