Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:40:48 +0100
From:      "Morgan" <freebsd-net@pp.dyndns.biz>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   SV: Automatic TCP send socker buffer sizing

> A RELENG_6 version (for FreeBSD 6.x) of the patch is here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~andre/tcp_auto_sndbuf-20061116-RELE
> NG_6.diff
>
> Just apply this patch and recompile your kernel.  It is
> activated by default.

Downloaded, applied, recompiled, installed and rebooted without any errors.
I did however add the sysctl variables to my /etc/sysctl.conf just in case.

> Be aware that all socket buffer sizing events get logged to
> syslog under LOG_DEBUG.

Does this mean they will automatically show up in /var/log/debug.log?

> This may affect overall system
> performance and you may want to disable logging to disk of
> this in syslogd.conf.

I could use some help with the syntax for this... :-)

And a final question: Will this feature work regardless of what side
initiates the TCP connection? Or will I have to instruct my ftp-users to use
active mode only when they transfer files to/from my FreeBSD box?

Regards
Morgan