Date:      Sat, 14 Jul 2001 09:58:48 +0200
From:      German Tischler <tanis@gaspode.franken.de>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel with isdn support

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 09:01:17PM -0700, Annelise Anderson wrote:
> I compiled a kernel with isdn support (everything in LINT
> but the card-specific entries, plus four sppp pseudo-devices
> and device icic).  On boot a bunch of isdn stuff is
> attached but the U.S. Robotics ISDN Pro TA (3Com) external modem
> doesn't respond when I try to use ppp with device set to=20
> /dev/i4brbch0 or /dev/i4brbch1 (the modem is attached to
> a serial port).
>=20
> I guess this modem is not supported, or is there something else
> I should be doing? This is 4.3-STABLE as of April 21 or so.
> (Maybe I need a device icic0 or icic1 line.)

The isdn4bsd kernel part is only for internal ISDN cards
(and as far as I know does only work with european ISDN variants)=20
As your modem is connected to a serial port, you should be
able to use it just like an analog modem by using for example
/dev/cuaa0 (if it is on the first serial port).

--gt

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--