Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:16:36 +0100
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Two interfaces sharing the same IP address: how to change default route's interface on link change?

Hi list,

I have two network interfaces that share the same IP address.  I would
like tochange the default route's interface when the link changes.  I
think it could be possible to hack up something with devd(8) or
net/ifstated, but this would be quite ugly.

FWIW, I have a wired (bge0) and a wireless adapter (ral0).  What I would
like is:
- When I unplug the cable, switch to the wireless adapter.
- When I plug the cable in, switch to the wired adapter.

In summary, favor wired connectivity over the wireless one, at any time:
could this be at boot time or not.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants this kind of setup.  So
how did you achieve this setup?

Thank you.
Regards,
--