Date:      Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:44:25 +0200
From:      Ondra Koutek <koutek@o-k.cz>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: pilot-link-0.11.8_4,1

Hi,
I just got my palm localized and my default encoding now is ISO-8859-2.
However the evolution requires UTF-8 and all my diacritics is broken
during sync.
I found following advice:

The approach is to modify pilot-link. (pilot-link-0.12.0-pre4)
In file libpisync/util.c, add include files and change a macro, as below.

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
#endif

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include "pi-util.h"

#ifdef HAVE_ICONV
#include <iconv.h>
#endif

#include <locale.h>

#define  PILOT_CHARSET setlocale( LC_ALL,NULL )

It might be usefull to have a choice to build port depending on the palm device charset.

Ondra