Date:      Sat, 28 Oct 2000 23:44:38 +0100
From:      void <float@firedrake.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/rsa1.*: device not configured

Ok, I must be missing something really obvious.  I've got a system on
which I'm running 4.0-STABLE as of June.  The kernel config contains the
line

device sa

and both my tape drives are detected at boot:

sa0 at ahc1 bus 0 target 6 lun 0
sa0: <ARCHIVE Python 06408-XXX 8071> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-3 device
sa0: 20.000MB/s transfers (20.000MHz, offset 15)
sa1 at ahc2 bus 0 target 5 lun 0
sa1: <HP C1557A U812> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device
sa1: 10.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 32)

I'm trying to use sa1.  The control node works:

% mt -f /dev/rsa1.ctl status
Mode      Density              Blocksize      bpi      Compression
Current:  default              variable       0        disabled
---------available modes---------
0:        default              variable       0        none
1:        default              variable       0        none
2:        default              variable       0        none
3:        default              variable       0        none
---------------------------------
Current Driver State: at rest.

But none of the other ones does:

% mt -f /dev/rsa1.0 fsf
mt: /dev/rsa1.0: Device not configured

I tried it with ersa, nrsa, plain old rsa, rsa without ".0", with ".1"
or ".2" instead, always the same result.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

--
 Ben