Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 15:23:55 -0600
From:      "F. Even" <freebsdlists@elitists.org>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <bts@babbleon.org>
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V5 #961

| Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 19:54:22 -0500
| From: Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
| Subject: Re: Boot Manager
|
| But FreeBSD's boot manager doesn't usually cause such trouble--in fact,
| that's the nice thing about it--the last partition booted is automatically
| made active, which is almost always what you want.  You can use
boot0cfg -s
| to change that behavior, though, if you want.

Might I ask how you discovered this?  ...and also...is there any
documentation anywhere for this?  I have found myself pulling my hair out
before looking for some documentation about how the FreeBSD bootloader
works, and if there are config options for it...and really have come up dry.

Thanks,
Frank