Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:00:14 -0500
From:      Duraid <latif2221@home.com>
To:        Tony Storm <tplastics@hanginbrain.com>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux or FreeBSD

go for it ... it's even easier to install linux applications on freebsd than
linux... everything you need is under /usr/ports ... just for the beginning my
advice is to download a stable-release (4.2 for now 4.3 a week or so ...not
much difference.. for a newbie kde2.1 maybe) and stick with it don't upgrade
untill you get a grip on the system. if you hear any thing about rpms they are
a big mess and such  a non-standard standard.

Duraid