Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:57:29 +0100
From:      Ulrich Spoerlein <q@uni.de>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Again about Dell Inspiron 8x00

On Mon, 10.01.2005 at 21:05:58 -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
> The problem for FreeBSD is likely in device drivers.  You can try
> stripping out as much as possible from them to see if it helps.
> Unfortunately, without more debugging info, it's impossible to know what
> exactly needs fixing.

I think we already established, that it reboots after writing to the
PM1A register, see
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-acpi/2004-December/000969.html

The patch you proposed didn't change the situation :(

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44