Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 02:25:28 -0600
From:      Christopher Farley <chris@northernbrewer.com>
To:        joup@bigfoot.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie / bug reporting

joup@bigfoot.com (joup@bigfoot.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running 4.2-RELEASE and it seems like I'm getting a bug similar to
>
> kern/21827: mount causes freebsd 4.1.1 to reboot
> referenced at:
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1005923+1008384+/usr/local/www/db/text/2000/freebsd-bugs/20001008.freebsd-bugs
>
> which applies only to 4.1.1, not 4.2.  It is still open, but it doesn't
> look like there's any mention of it with regards to 4.2.  What should I
> do?

I was able to reproduce this under 4.3-BETA.

A hard reboot and 30 minutes with fsck is a rather painful penalty for
such an act.

This PR is classified as 'open', which means that 'no sanity checking
has been performed'. This was discussed in -STABLE back in November,
however I don't think a patch was commited.

--
Christopher Farley
www.northernbrewer.com