Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 09:13:30 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de>
To:        Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone built kpilot lately?

On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 06:30:34PM -0400, Cory Kempf wrote:

> When I try and build kpilot from ports, I get the following, which
> doesn't make any sense (-lc should be done automatically by using the
> compiler as the linker).
>
> Any clues how to fix?  Or even what the real problem is?

I had this problem too a few days ago, but no time to report about it.

I put some -lc statements per hand in various generated Makefiles.

> FWIW, I am running a -current as of today or so...
>

> c++ -O -pipe -s -o kpilot -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/ports/comms/kpilot/work/kpilot-3.0.2/kpilot/libpilot/_libs kpilot.o kpilotlink.o fileInstallWidget.o pilotMemo.o memoWidget.o pilotComponent.o kpilotOptions.o messageDialog.o pilotSerialDatabase.o pilotLocalDatabase.o pilotRecord.o pilotAddress.o addressWidget.o strToken.o addressEditor.o addressEditorData.o pilotDateEntry.o logFile.o conduitSetup.o -lkfile -lkfm -lkdeui -lkdecore -lqt -lX11 -lXext -lpisock

IMHO there is a difference when putting -lc in front of all object files.
When using -lc the linker will run through libc two times. This may be
the point, thince kpilot explicitly make use of the standard lib. For
pure c++ programms I never needed -lc.

> kpilot.o: Undefined symbol `_mkdir' referenced (use -lc ?)
> kpilotlink.o: Undefined symbol `_read' referenced (use -lc ?)

Gruß
	Frank
--
 Frank Nobis                            Email: PGP AVAILABLE
 Landgrafenstr. 130                     dg3dcn   http://www.radio-do.de/~fn/