Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:05:05 +0000
From:      Gary Hayers <gary@hayers.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thank you FreeBSD community

Today I had a Mac OSX come my way for a simple application installation
of Thunderbird.
Unbeknownst to me, I interupted a system update that was in progress
(Kernel + others) and proceded to install Thunderbird. When the iBook
was rebooted it wouldnt load its GUI.

Thanks to the FreeBSD knowledge I have gained from this and other groups
plus my own usage of FreeBSD i was able to troubleshoot and solve the
problem. Rebooted into 'Safe Boot' and reinstall the update package
after I read the log to see that an update to I/O was causing an I/O
read error on startup.

Again many thanks to the BSD community.

Regards,

Gary Hayers