Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:16:19 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        arch@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS-UP: await/asleep removal imminent

Please trim cc's as appropriate.

I have a patch here that removes await/asleep from the kernel API.

http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/noasleep.diff

Matt Dillon implemented alseep/await quite some time ago and the
only thing that's using it is ata.  In order to clean up some of
the schduler and vm system I'm removing support for it.

Peter Wemm and I suspect that ata doesn't need it.  Right now I'm
running several make -j128 buildworlds and buildkernels with this
patch to catch any ata problems.

Now would be a good time to test this delta for stability reasons.

I plan on applying the delta within a few days.

thanks,