Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 18:16:28 +0200
From:      "Norman H. Azadian" <naz@ascom.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing 2.2.6-RELEASE

Actually, I've got it all installed on partition (er, slice) 2 of
my SCSI disk.  I also have an IDE disk.  The only problem is, I can't
seem to boot it.  Using the boot floppy, I say:

	1:sd(0,a)kernel -cv

and configure the kernel up real nice.  When it gets done probing,
it says:

	can't mount root st0s2a

I'm not sure if my "unit" should be 0 (as above) or 2, but I get the
same result with both (except with 2 it's st2s2a).

This all worked for me at home.
One factor which might be important, I've got a DPT SCSI board, and
when it probes, it says something about having no driver for that board.
Unfortunately, it's off the screen before I can read it.

Also, when I go to configure the X11 display server, it seems to hang
and then timeout at the point where it's switching and says it may
take a while.  After about 30 seconds, it lands back in the menu.
Another small problem is that my Linux complains that the BSD partition
is bogus.  At the moment, these are both minor problems.

NHA
---
Norman Azadian;   naz@ascom.ch;    tel: +41 31 999-3223    (fax: -1019)
Ascom Infrasys;  Suedbahnhofstrasse 14c;  CH-3000 Bern 17;  Switzerland