Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:42:06 +0300
From:      "Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas)" <madis555@hot.ee>
To:        Winston Smith <smith.winston.101@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: crotchet-freebsd fails to build u-boot (master)

On 2014-04-18 22:36, Winston Smith wrote:
> Firstly, I'm new here!  Im trying to get FreeBSD up and running on the
> BBB booting from the eMMC.

Oh hey!

Finally more BBB+eMMC users. I've been running BBB from eMMC for weeks
now and it's very stable, but on boot, something goes wrong with eMMC
detection and sometimes network phy fails. Details are in this list
somewhere. You could test those things, so I'm not alone with this.

I currently also have two U-Boot's, 2013.04 from crochet (using those
patches there) that gives me eMMC and 2014.01 with some patches from
this list that gives me 1GHz CPU but no eMMC (fails in ubldr with no
device found). Also more details in this list.

The device currently almost fits with my needs. I'm trying to use it in
my home automation system where several of same or similar boards make
all sorts of IO available over IP so I could have monitoring and
control. In this application, 1GHz (and non-scaling?!) CPU isn't really
needed.
I found that this board is cheap enough, compared with how much IO it
has... And it runs FreeBSD! I sometimes encounter people that buy much
more expensive and less capable hardware for purpose to hack it apart
and interface with own system. I would rather take something like BBB
and hack together system I actually need.

Not sure how this will help you, though. I don't even use the any of
methods you described to build system for it. Instead of that, I use my
own scripts to make release and upgrade the board over network...
Other than, maybe... that indeed "sha256.h" appeared in CURRENT at
revision 263218... But none of my build machines actually run CURRENT.